Question
Posted by: Carole Holderness | 2010/01/20

Vegan diet for teenage boy

Healthy vegan eating plan needed for teenage boy.

Dear Carole
I unfortunately do not have a vegan diet plan available. I would suggest that you ask at a good bookstore if a handbook is available on vegan diets. Generally speaking teenagers should still eat eggs and dairy products and drink milk to provide the calcium (1000 mg per day), zinc, iron, vit B12 and high quality protein required for normal growth and development. This is particularly applicable to boys because they continue growing until the age of about 21 years.
If you cannot obtain a handbook on vegan diets please consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area)to assist you with a vegan diet for a teenage boy.

1

Dear Carole