Question
Posted by: eve1 | 2010/05/04

veg diet

I need to clean out my stale-feeling body and kickstart weight-loss.
I intend to have (non-starchy) multi-vegetable soup, berries, melon, grapefruit, apple. For how long can I do this before my body needs protein and oils?- and before it goes into bushman-mode i.e. storing as much as possible. I am very overweight- I need to drop off a third of what I weigh now. I do take multivits, omega3-6-9, calmag etc.

Dear Eve1
The type of diet you propose using will probably not be a problem if you use it for about 5 days. Once you have completed the 5 day low-energy intake, it is better to use a more balanced diet that does not cause starvation. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a balanced, low-fat slimming diet. If you also increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), for 30 or more minutes a day, you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week.

1

Dear Eve1