Question
Posted by: Nonki | 2008/06/26

+ve TB Test

Hi Doc,
Last Dec I was in contact with a person who had TB then we were asked to go and do the TB test to find out if we're infected or not.
I still went even when I knew that chances are high that the test will come back +ve because of the BCG imminization I had. Now the test is +ve and I'm very reluctant to take treatment.
I feel I'm in perfect health and drugs have side effect that might hurt me. Please advise Doc, do you think I should take the treatment? It's 9 months and I'm really not prepared to go through that.
Thank You!!

Hi Nonki
If you have had BCG immunization a skin test only will not be sufficient. You need to have the TB PCR test to exclude TB, and I dont think you should take TB treatment if you are not properly diagnosed.