Question
Posted by: paranoid | 2008/11/18

-ve and yet still freaking out

I had protected sex with a female of unknown hiv status about 2 weeks ago. I am certain the condom never broke and we had no contact other than protected contact. I have subsequently done an Hiv test and it came back negative and yet I am still feeling ridiculously anxious. Everything should be fine right?

Dear paranoid
If the condom did not break your risk of contracting HIV is very very low when using a condom correctly and consistently, although there is no guarantee that you will not get HIV. You will have to retest in 3 months' time to have a definitive negative