Posted by: H | 2009-04-03

Dear Doctor,

I would like some closure on certain issues regarding the birth of my son. I had a VBAC planned for his birth but ended up having another c-section. Reason being that I made no progress. I was in early labor for about 24 hours, and once contractions were 5 min apart we went to hospital. I was 2 cm dilated. 6 hours later I was very tired and contractions weren' t getting closer or stronger. I asked midwife to check if i was dilated and was still only 2 cm dilated. I was guttered and my midwife suggested that I start considering another c-section. So that' s what we did. On the operating table our Obstetrician was talking to our midwife about the state of my uterus and wanted to know how many months ago I had the first cesarean (2,5 yrs gap). He said something about the uterus wall being so thin he could see the amniotic fluid, what is that about? He also said that I should never have one more contraction, and if I have more children I should avoid going into labor all together. Why is this? Why was my uterus wall so thin? And do you agree, is a VBA2C totally out of the question?

One of the risks with labour after a caesarean is that the uterine scar can rupture. It sounds like this had started to happen in your case. VBAC is definitely out of the question after two caesareans and a near rupture.