Posted by: Zinhle | 2011-10-18

Im 22 weeks pregnant, my first born was born 4 years ago via a c section, i now dont want to have another c section, i want to have vaginal birth. I spoke to my gynae about it and she said for me to do vaginal birth the weight of this baby that im carrying must not exceed 3.2kg, no induction it must happen naturally &  the labour must not be slow because it may ruptire tissues. I would like to know what are the risk involved when one considers a VBAC and would you advice me to go for it.
I have read a lot of success stories regarding VBAC &  i would really want to go for it

The risk is that the uterus can rupture. The risk is very low, especially if you follow your gynaecologist's guidelines. A normal vaginal birth has many advantages for both mother and baby and a vaginal birth is therefore, is certainly a good idea.