Question
Posted by: Zinhle | 2011/10/06

VBAC

I''m 20 weeks pregnant, my first born was born 4 years ago via a c section, i now dont want to have another c section, i want to have vaginal birth. I spoke to my gynae about it and she said for me to do vaginal birth the weight of this baby that im carrying must not exceed 3.2kg, no induction it must happen naturally &  the labour must not be slow because it may ruptire tissues. I would like to know what are the risk involved when one considers a VBAC and would you advice me to go for it

I would agree with your doctor. The main risk is of uterine rupture. Though this is small, all the factors that your doctor has mentioned must be favourable to try for a VBAC.

1