Question
Posted by: mom | 2009/04/15

vbac

goodmorning dr
i am considering a vbac for my second baby. i had an emergency c sec with my first due to a failed induction. i have managed to find alot of information on this procedure on overseas websites but i am battling to find any info for south africa. is it a common practice in sa? and is it successful if the pregnancy and labour is text book?
as a obygn, have you had any successful vbac deliveries or would you recommend one as an alternative to a second elective c sec. i understand in you cannot comment on this question.
thank you.

The success rate with VBAC is about 45%.If everything is favourable by the end of the pregnancy, this is an option.