Question
Posted by: me | 2009-08-18

Vasovasectomy

Hi Doc,

My hubby is having his vasectomy reversed. If i take fertility meds will it increase the chance of me falling preg as i know the reversal isn' t 100% effective.

Will he need to take something to increase the chances?

Dear Me

By you taking fertility medication would not increase you chances of falling pregnant, what is more important is how successful the vasectomy reversal would be eventually. Once the vasectomy has been done and approximately 3 –4 months after that a semen analysis can be done. That will assess your fertility potential, providing that there is nothing wrong on your side that is you are ovulating well and your fallopian tubes are patent. If however the vasectomy reversal has worked and the semen analysis is within normal limits then he will need to take any medication to increase the chances of conception.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo