Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2011-10-28

Vaso-vasectomy

Hi Dr,

My husband had a vasectomy 11 years ago, he''''s 44 and quite active. He wants to have a child with me now, i''''m 31.

What are the best options to concieve?

Can I do AI, is it possible, I don''''t want to do IVF? What is the average cost and who would i call, does a gynea or a urologist do this?

I''''ve called around for prices of a Vaso-vasectomy and success rates and the Dr i have found has a very high success rate.

Option 1 is reversal of the vasectomy. You would have to discuss with the doctor doing it what his success rates are. AI is not an option as your husband is not producing sperm. The other option is taking sperm directly from his testis and fertilising your egg - basically IVF.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-10-31