Question
Posted by: Heine | 2010/03/16

Vasectomy Reversal after 21 yrs

What are the chances of having good or live sperm,after 21 yrs,i have read about reversals,they happen. If the awnser is NO live sperm i wont do it.as my girlfriend 47 wants a child,she never had any kids,what are her risks at 48 yrs. Can U email me advice pls. This is a serious matter. Thx

Dear Heine

The likelihood of obtaining sperm would be based on either a testis aspiration or a testicular biopsy as apposed to reversal. However the limiting factor in this case is the age of the spouse and certainly at age 48 I would not advise you to embark on a fertility option of this nature.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/19

Dear Heine

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Dee | 2010/03/18

A successful reversal after 21 years is possible but unlikely. A woman of 48 conceiving a healthy baby is less than 1%, probably less with bad sperm. Your chances are not high with a reversal. You will have to look into donor eggs and maybe even donor sperm.

Reply to Dee