Question
Posted by: DYING FOR A BABY | 2009/01/18

VASECTOMY REVERSAL

MY HUSBAND HAD A VASECTOMY 4 YEARS AGO AND WE WOULD LIKE TO NOW HAVE A BABY. COULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE WHETHER IT WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL IF WE HAD THE ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION PROCEDURE AND IF SO WHAT ARE THE COSTS? PLEASE COULD YOU LET ME KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND A SPECIALIST IN DURBAN. THANK YOU

Dear Dying for a Baby

The success following the reversal of vasectomy in terms of natural conception is limited and even with sperm wash and insemination may not be optimal. In view of the costs of vasectomy reversal together with the possible added cost of ART, I would rather suggest that you proceed to testicular aspiration and in-vitro fertilization, which may work out more cost effective and give you a higher pregnancy rate. For ethical reason I am not allowed to mention any fertility clinic by name, but there are several in Durban. However you may contact our centre and speak to management and they will be able to give you a list of possible clinics.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: martina | 2009/01/25

i had operation to remove fabroid and to open falopian tube is it possible to fall pregnant

Reply to martina