Posted by: Asking | 2008-11-05

Vasectomy at my age

I am 26, in a steady relationship, with a mother of two children.

I don' t want any children and she cannot have more due to her health.

Would it be possible to go for a vasectomy at the age of 26?

It is possible to have a vasectomy at any age, but the professionals are usually very reluctant to do this so young as your circumstances may change and vasectomy reversal is not always successful and also costly...Given that she can't have more children due to her health, what about sterilisation for her? Or is the vasectomy more of a 'sign' of your commitment?

Posted by: G-Dad | 2008-11-05

I will not do it if I were you, you might be steady now, but if you ever break up then you might want kids of your own, then you will be sorry

Reply to G-Dad
Posted by: koos | 2008-11-05

rather wait till 30,alot can happen and you can change your mind about having kids

Reply to koos