Question

Vasectomy

Hello Docter,

I had a vasectomy about 3 years ago and had my semen tested about 7 months after the operation and the test came back that the operation was successful. but now my wife started with many signs of pregnancy and she missed her period, is it possible for the tubes to have grown back? I know the possibility is there that she might have had an affair but i trust her completely. if the pregnancy is confirmed must i have another test done on my semen?

Hallo Anon
Yes, if the pregnancy is confirmed, do another sperm test. Unfortunately sterilizations are not always foolproof, and one can get failures with vasectomies or female sterilizations. Let your wife do a blood Beta HCG test to check for pregnancy - will be the most sensitive test. Stress/recent illness/hormone imbalances (thyroid problems) can also mimic pregnancy and cause missed periods.
dR Bets

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/11

Hallo Anon
dR Bets

Reply to cyberdoc