Question
Posted by: John | 2010/03/17

Vasectomy

Hello Doc

Today I had a vasectomy and wanted to know will I swell and when will pain ease as this is not nice, and when can i go back to work also when would I resume sex.And next Friday i need to Drive 12hours to RSA.

Also they have put plaster around the scrotum when do i take it off i was not given anti infamatory pills.Also take made me take the cut bits from the scrotum the vas for testing why do they do this.

John

Hallo John
It takes about a week to recover completely, but you can go back to work after about 3 days. You can have sex after 5-7 days or if the pain and swelling is better. Just remember that you will still have sperm in the tubes for at least 10-20 ejaculations, so use contraception until you've had the test to ensure that the ejaculate does not contain any sperm otherwise your partner could become pregnant. You will be able to drive by next Friday. You can take the plaster off after about 48 hours, just keep the wound clean and dry. You can use something like Mypaid for the pain and swelling. They normally send away the cut bits to confirm that they did cut the right tube.

2
Posted by: JJ | 2010/03/18

U should ask your doctor those question.

Reply to JJ
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/18

Hallo John

Reply to cyberdoc