Question
Posted by: Missy | 2010/01/12

Vasectomy

Pls can you assist.
I would like to know what the chances of us falling pregnant.

My husband had a vasectomy 6 years ago, we want to have the vasectomy reversed and try again for a little one. What are the chances of it working?

Thanks for your advice.

Dear Missy

The success rate of a vasectomy depends on the type of vasectomy done and the length of interval between having the vasectomy and having it reversed. The success rate of a vasectomy reversal can range between 10 – 50%. I would suggest you see a urologist and see the possibility of success that he may be able to achieve in your particular case if however the vasectomy reversal is not successful then one can always resort to in-vitro fertilization.

Answered by: Dr Y.M Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/15

Dear Missy

Answered by: Dr Y.M Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: 2you | 2010/01/13

Hi can i give you advice please. My husband had also had a vacectomy. When whe get married he did the reversal. It is 2 years after the operation and i am still not pregnant. If I had listened to other people it would maybe been a different situasion. Go for the IVF. Its really the better option.

Reply to 2you