Posted by: CJL | 2009-09-23

I am a 29 yar old man, married, with 2 amazing kids. My wife and I feel that our family is complete.

I am contemplating having a vasectomy done. What are the costs involved for someone that prefers to pay cash?

Dear CJL

I am not familiar with the tariffs involved as this is an ambit the urologists. However I would advise you to store at least 1 or 2 semen samples in a sperm storage facility such as Cryobank prior to doing a vasectomy. This purely an insurance that you take in the event that one would later require more children for what ever reason and the cost of reversal as well as testis biopsy is formidable and can be avoided in the future.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim