Posted by: concerned | 2009-09-16

I posted this on the sexologists Q and think its in the wrong place. Can you help?

I have read so many complications associated with having a vasectomy, such as '  if it works don'  t fix it'  My husband is due to have one next week and he spoke to the urologist about the complications and he is lead to believe they are very mild if any. Is this true?
He has an auto immune health issue already, will it be worsened as I read that with the sperm'  leaking'  into the blood system causes an auto immune response over time.

Do we need to be concerend or not?

Hallo Concerned,
Vasectomy is normally a safe procedure and only a small % of men have side effects. See this recent article:

Posted by: Bozo | 2009-09-17

Mine was perfectly safe and painless.
Was at the clinic at 7 . in the op theatre at 8 .Left the clinic at 11, drove myself.
Nothing more than a little discomfort, and sure is worth it.

Reply to Bozo