is there any possibility that a vasectomy can leave a man with a lack of sex drive? any chance at all and if so Why is that and can it be rectified?

A decrease in sexual desire after a vasectomy is usually associated with an emotional underlying factor – often men feel less of a “man” after his ability to procreate has been “taken” from him. Although it is not often found, it does happen in some instances. The recommendation would be to seek professional guidance from a psychologist that specifically deal with sexual problems and relationship interactions. You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful:

I had a vsectomy at the age of 40 as well, that was over 20 years ago. Believe me it made no difference to my sex drive!!

Posted by: Bozo | 2009-05-19

Dont think so, In my middle 40' s had a vasectomy last year August , and there is absolutly no differance than before.

Reply to Bozo