Question
Posted by: LDK | 2008/05/28

Vasectomy

Im a 29 yr old married female and my husband is 34. We have 2 children and have decided not to have anymore. I fell pregnant with my first child whilst on the pill (taking it religiously) and am having all the negative side effects of being on the injection (ie: weight gain, loss of libido, hair loss and skin breakouts). I am also prone to thrush and am reluctant to have the loop inserted.

My husband is scared to have a vasectomy done.

In your expertise, would you please assist me with some persuasive words to enable my husband to seriously consider the operation.

I suppose one could try the Lysistrata strategy ( ancient Greek story --- the woman declared their men would get no more sex until they made peace ). Leez is right, though, about the value of having him speak to someone who has already been through the procedure --- I'm really surprised that every urologist doesn't have a panel of vasectomized former clients to be available for this purpose. Another man, who has been through this, would know the words your husband may need to hear

3
Posted by: Go for it | 2008/06/03

LDK,

I took the pill for many years, have 2 children .... I also wanted to stop using the pill - so I persuaded my husband to go for a vasectomy...

Have you tried the "I've given birth to your children, had my share of hospitals/gynea's and now it's your turn"-approach yet?

He went 3 years ago and I can assure you that oral xxx is much better afterwards (tastes MUCH better) ...... so that might also be an incentive .... LOL

Reply to Go for it
Posted by: Mars | 2008/05/28

Just tell him... No more fun stuff before he does not go... Oh,, and make sure he knows the opp does not hurt much, and that he'll be ready for action in a jiffy.

Reply to Mars
Posted by: Leez | 2008/05/28

Listen, my darling, I've gone through 2 pregnancies and 2 childbirths. I am now on a contraceptive which is wreaking havoc with my body!! Since we've decided that 2 kids are more than enough, please go and have yourself "sorted". This is a team effort and I think now's the time for your team to pull some weight here.
Persuasive enough? (lol).

Seriously, my husband felt the same way b4 his op. The solution: let someone who's had the op speak to him (preferably someone he knows very well). Men tend to listen to one another.

Good luck.

Reply to Leez