Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2010-08-10

Vascetomy

Hello Doc,

My hubby had a vascetomy about over a year &  half ago. I am 37 and he is 39. If we ever wanted to reverse the process can we. Lately I was thinking much about another child. When he had it done we agreed but I was sort of 70/30 minded but I said fine...now I am just checking if we can do this.

Dear Tanya

Reversal of vasectomy is indeed possible but for practical purposes the quality of sperm is very seldom of sufficient nature to allow natural conception. If further conception were desired my advice would be that a testicular biopsy be considered and the sperm obtained be used in an in-vitro fertilization program.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-08-13

Dear Tanya

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert