Question
Posted by: maxy | 2009-02-06

various questions

1) can everyone use a tampons? I' ve been using pads and just recently decided to switch to tampons to prevent embarrasing myself in public. initially,the tampons felt comfortable, though I started with regulars just for my body to get used to it, but after a short while, i started to feel dizzy so i took the tampon out for fear of TSS. i used pads for the rest of that period and waited till the next month then tried to use the tampons again but i had the same dizzying feeling. how can i use tampons and not have these dizzy spells? i have a heavy flow and am tired of being uncomfortable in public when i' m about to stand up after sitting for a while. or do i stop the tampon use completely?

2) the skin in my armpits are rough and the pores are raised and have some sort of blackhead look to them. what can i do to make them appear as smooth as every other part of my body? i feel embarrased to raise my arms in public even after shaving.

Dear Maxy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

1. Consult your doctor to do a blood test to exclude a pathological reason for your dizziness. I truly do not think that it is connected to the tampons. I do however, think that you are feeling dizzy, as you have a heavy flow and therefore, it is possible that you are suffering from anemia.

2. Use Differin gel under your armpits. This is available over the counter.