Posted by: Sunshine | 2009-02-11

various minor ailments

I have a couple of concerns regarding my health that I think are all related.

Firstly I have been getting mouth ulcers occasionally. I' m not under a lot of stress or pressure at the moment, but every few months I get one on the side of my pallet next to my molars or under my tongue.

My heels are badly cracked. Even having pedicures doesn' t help much. They are dry and unsightly. I' ve been using froggie cream on them which has helped quite a bit - though not solved the problem, and it' s also treating the symptoms rather than the cause. I don' t suffer from dry skin elsewhere on my body. i wear shoes during the day but I' m barefoot from about 4pm.

My skin on my face has also been doing strange things. My T-zone suddenly got a lot oiler than it has been before, they my beauty therapist tells me it still isn' t as oily as people with an oily skin. Also, for the last year I' ve been unable to use foundation on my face, as it just comes off, to get an idea of what this is like, put foundation on cling wrap and then run your finger on it. It just doesn' t seem to adhere to my skin on my forehead nose and to a lesser extent my chin. It goes on my cheeks normally and stays on. I have tried exfoliating and using masks more often but that made no difference. My doctor suggested I might be eating too much fruit - odd advice as I eat about three pieces of fruit a day, so it' s below what is usually recommended. she said this might be making my diet too acidic and affecting my skin. I don' t know if its hormonal as I was on the evra patch for 2 years and changed to the pill 3 months ago - though no change in my skin since changing contraceptive. I just think it' s related to my other problems too.

Could I have some sort of vitamin or mineral deficiency? I take a multivitamin daily, I' m on iron tablets and calcium supplements as my iron was very low and my nails had been flaky whereas they are usually very strong.
I think I eat fairly healthily, I eat fruit or yoghurt for breakfast, lunch is either sandwiches and fruit or pasta and fruit and supper is usually meat - chicken or fish mostly, but steak or sausages or chops around once or twice a week, one or two vegetables and either couscous or rice or potato or sometimes its a mixed dish with meat, veg and pasta. I mostly drink water or juice that I mix with water, an occasional fizzy drink, the occasional fruit juice, and about three cups of tea a day. I do eat a chocolate about once a week. I' m not overweight but I' m not skinny either - my BMI is in the healthy range for my height. I excercise for about an hour twice a week doing cardio excercise at gym. I walk my dogs sometimes and I play outside in the fresh air and sunshine wiht my children regularly.

Please help me, I' m quite worried about all of this.

Expert ImageNatural health

i would suggest a salmon supplement 2000mg daily and to use FoodState Vitamin B complex daily for the stress levels. Make sure you stay hydrated - drink 2 liters of water daily.
Dr Debbie