Posted by: Gemini16 | 2009-05-31

Various medications

I am on a weight loss programme via my doctor and have been prescribed with Glucophage XR, Aldactone and Duromine. However, I was told to hold fire on the Duromine as my blood pressure was higher than normal. I am also taking .05mg Eltroxin daily for a thyroid problem. From only taking one tablet, I am now taking three and I am not 100% sure that all of these are necessary to assist my weight loss.

I have read on the internet that Aldactone is used to lower high blood pressure and is a ' water pill' . I also read that Glucophage XR is for someone with Type 2 Diabetes. I wasn' t told that I had this, but maybe it' s used in weight loss???

I' m seeing my doctor again in a couple of weeks but thought I' d ask your opinion in the meantime.

I strongly suggest that you take this matter up with your doctor.

I do not condome the use of diuretics (water pill), as well as diabetic medication for the loss of weight. Make sure that your hypothyroisdism is well controlled, as this in turn will cause weight gain if not treated sufficiently.

The best way to loose weight and to keep weight down, is by regular strenuous exercise and a well balanced low kilojoule diet. You have to create a kilojoule deficit by burning more kilojoules than what you are consuming per day.

This will cause your body to use fat stores.