Posted by: Various | 2009-02-04

Various Health Issues

Please could you answer these questions (no money to go to the doc) please:

Due stress I am told my hair is in a resting phase. Its coming out.
How do I get it out of the resting phase? I take meds for asthma and depression to boot.

My mom had a big op hip replacement and post op complications, very weak - other than eating lots of veg and fruit what can she take? On lots of meds. Eats well due to diabetes (not insulin).

Also, what would help her with restless legs in the good leg and sometimes the bad. Maybe calcium?

My silly boyfriend gets arc eye everytime he welds with goggles. he does not believe me it is serious. or am I wrong?

I have continuous oral thrush (mostly top and bottom too). Its an endless round of Candicide Oral, vaginal thrush cream. I know its stress and my asthma pump but I cant get rid of it. What test should a doctor do or what can I do. I gargle and I spray my throat and mouth with colloidal silver that helps. could I have that systemic thrush thing? Can it kill you?

Sorry for all the questions, desperate for answers.

thank you so very much Dr. Bets

Dear Various
Hairloss can be caused by stress, a recent illness or iron deficiency - try a supplement like Nu-hair
For your mom - supplement her diet with something like Nutramen-T too - you'll get at pharmacy or P&P or Checkers
You can try calcium and vit B co for the legs, sometimes you need something like valium that will need prescription but as she is taking so much medication, rather try supplements first
Get your boyfriend other goggles to weld with, the ones he have is not filtering the UV light and yes , arc eyes are serious and VERY bad for your eyes
Trush could be due to cortisone asthma pump - try rinsing with Betadine mouthwash after you used the pump. You can also take Mycostatin tablets - won't go systemic unless you have low white cell count or cancer or something like HIV and it won't kill you - but is irritating!