Question
Posted by: Various | 2008/06/25

Varicose Veins & Cowardice

Hi Cyberdoc

You advised me on the varicose veins, thank you. My BP has been going up and down with no explanation & my cholestrol is a bit high. I have had lots of checks but not a Carotid Doppler that the specialist wanted to do (never seen my legs). Would that test pick up varicose vein issues or is there a simple test one can do or have at the GP? To be honest my medical aid is nearing its end with all the drama.

The second thing is (and Cybershrink) has helped me with this. I need to break up a long-term relationship, I am going through other issues (like health) and he has issues too. I actually don't know what to do, I don't have the guts or the health strength to deal with this break-up right now, there is no-one in the wings, I am not happy and the fact is that has nowhere to go. My mom says its a bad patch all relationships go through, but its been 2 years. I am already on tablets for depression and anxiety. I love this man, but he cannot give me what I want emotionally (and refuses to try). I was talking to him the other night seriously and he said "are we going to the hospital" because my pupils had suddenly enlarged dramatically. I felt a panic attack coming on, rushed off to get an Urbanol and finished the talk. I am afraid the break-up might kill me. I know its sounds weird but this is the gospel truth. Hang Ten and just coast along until I feel well do you think?

tx

Dear Various

A Carotid doppler looks for cholesterol in the neck veins. A leg doppler will check for deep vein thrombosis but won't tell you much about varicose veins. Physical examination of varicose veins by a GP is quite sufficient.

Well, breaking up a two year relationship is just as tiring as running a marathon! One can live in peace in one house and not expect much from each other without a breakup if you have to wait a while. However, if this man is abusing your physically or emotionally, one should rather get this over with as soon as possible. It may help to see a marriage counsellor (even alone) to help clarify your feelings and what you really want and need and how to go about it! (you can try FAMSA if you don't have the funds to see a private counsellor)

1
Posted by: evelyn | 2009/02/24

I have a problem with my left leg which has a vein that' s always throbbing if i am on my feet or too long or just before i have a period. What do you think the problem is and how can i solved this as it is now affecting my knee which itches constantly causing me to scratch which leaves broken skin... Please help

Reply to evelyn