Question
Posted by: Kotie | 2011-01-09

varicose veins

Please can you help me with a sore that I have on my leg where the Varicose veins are it has been 1 year now and the pain and the treatment that my local Dr. prescribed is no longer working and I cannot find a doctor that specialists in this in Gauteng or Pretoria please help as the sore is looking bad and the pain is unbearable

Regards Kotie Hurn

Kotie

You can consult a vascular or general surgeon to treat the varicose veins. Persistant pressure "inside the leg" will cause ulcerative type sores. It is therefore, essential to treat the varicose veins, in order for the sore to heal.

You can get contact details of a general/vascular surgeon from your nearest hospital.