Question
Posted by: Karen | 2008-11-30

Varicose veins

I am 44, female and started to get varicose veins with my lst pregnance 10 yrs ago, it is progressively getting worse, hence no more shorts, which is sad. Is there anything I can do to stop or really slow down the progress of these veins. Is there any surgery to get rid of them ? If you are prone to these veins what are the chances that your internal veins are doing the same ? A bit concerned as I cant see why it would only be confined to the legs.

Thank you very much !

Dear Karen

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult a general surgeon, as there are a lot of options available to get rid of these veins.

Kind regards