Question
Posted by: Gem | 2009/10/01

Varicose vains &  contraceptives

I was advised yesterday for the 1st time since I' ve been using contraceptives for the past 15years that I shouldn' t be on the Pill since I have a few varicose veins (which I had since the age of 13). I want to know if this is true and what the cons are of using the Pill and also the pros &  cons of the injection. I was always under a Gynae while pregnant with both children and never had any problems. I' m 32.

There is a risk of leg clots on the Pill and bad varicose veins may be a risk factor for this as well.
Have a look under Contraception on this site for the pros and cons of the differnt contraceptives