Question
Posted by: aloe | 2009/02/03

varginal operation

14 years ago i tore badly when i gave birth to my son, was given a couple of stitches and the job was shoddy and have never gone to a gynaechologist but to my General Practitioner for papsmear and other stuff. a coupla days ago I went to see a gynae who indicated that i was severely torn and need to undergo an op to rectify the situation. He told me that should I want another child I will have to opt for the ceasarian section rather than normal birth as I will tore again if I choose to be operated on. is this necessary? what are my options?

I agree with the caesarean. If you have no symptoms, a repair is probably not necessary.