Question
Posted by: Furious | 2010-04-21

Vandalistic people ...

Dear CyberShrink

Please help me today to help someone else.

My friend complained to his Body Corporate about tenants who cause a great disturbance to him. These people (low class as they are) went and scratch his vehicle severely overnight (last night) as a form of revenge, but the surveillance system cannot capture anything so far as the cameras don''t focus on that area of the complex. He knows it is them because when he got home the vehicle was fine. When he got to it this morning, it was tragedy. It occurred on the day which the complaint was laid.

He is absolutely in pieces and totally broken about it. What do I tell him/what do I say to make things better?

I will appreciate your advice.

Sorry to hear about this, but of course I'm not a leal expert. Usually Body Corporate rules forbid noise to disturb others, and have some sort of sanction for those who ignore this rule. As for the vehicle scratching, I suppose he should report that to the police, though as we know that might not being much joy. The coincidence in timing is too much to ignore - and at the least the policwe should visit the suspects, and make it clear that if ANYTHING else happens to him, his home or his car, they will be considered suspects and more thoroughly investigated,
There's unfortunately nothing marvekllous or clever one can say to comfort someone in such a situation - except to sympathize, voice your own outrage, and be available if and when he might want to talk further about it.

2
Posted by: Furious | 2010-04-21

Thank you for your excellent advice doc!

Reply to Furious