Question
Posted by: lulu | 2012-01-21

valdoxine

dear dr, my hubby was put onto valdoxine/valdoxan at the beginning of the month, and i am not too sure this is helping him in any way.... he takes the tab at night as instructed just before going to bed. BUT of late, i am finding that he is becoming very forgetful and is like in a dwaal (in my opinion) - when i spoke to him about it he says it not so. I am worried, what should i do? is it the tablet or could it be something else? thank you

Lulu

Valdoxan can cause sleepiness and maybe the dose is too strong. If you are really concerned, you should take him to a psychiatrist for an evaluation.