Posted by: Suzanne | 2011-10-31

Valdoxane ~ feedback

Hi, i wrote a couple of days ago about feeling disconnected on Valdoxane. My Dr assured my psycologist it can''t be a side effect. She said I looked emotionally blunted to her. Contacted a few people who saw me before I started the meds, while I was in hospital on it and after. And followed my Dr''s advice: even if you are not sleeping do not double up on any of your other meds. I was supposed to take Rivotril 3 times a day, but instead I took all three doses at once at 5 pm when I get home from work. I stopped the Rivotril, and although I''m battling with anxiety I feel like a normal person again and people are commenting on how much brighter I look. Even people who don''t know about my condition. Goes to show, follow your prescriptions. I''m still not sleeping, will sort it out with the Dr next week. After taking 2 Stilnox and Aterax 100mg.

I can understand that the higher dose o Rivotril, as you were taking it. Remmber with the benzos which are sedative tranquillizers, some have a longer half-life ( that is, they leave the body more slowly than others ) and thus give a hangover the next morning. Especially along with Aterax which can be really long-lasting, and Stilnox which is devised so as to be gone by morning. I once tried taking an Aterax and was zonked out for days.
And the daytime anxiety ( while keeping your brightness and alertness ) can probably be better managed by proper CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) than medication.
As I mentioned in another response, Valdoxane is too often blamed for unpleasant reactions due to other meds, or the withdrawal of other meds, than it causes itself.

Posted by: sarah | 2012-02-08

A week ago i started having severe panic attacks wherebi wouldnt leave my room, couldnt stop crying and had such overwhelming anxiety i was throwing up and could hardly talk. i am under extreme amounts of stress at the moment and the dr said it was bound to happen. the dr put me on 25mg of voldoxane. i have stopped having the panic attacks but i still have overwhelming anxiety. i cant eat or talk to anyone other than my immediate family. i''ve been taking the voldoxane for 1 week. will it eventually help with the anxiety or do i need additional medication? i need to return to work and at the moment struggle to even leave the house.

Reply to sarah