Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2012/10/23

Valdoxane 50mg

Please can you help, I''m taking Valdoxane 50mg for the past 4 weeks, my depression and anxiety seems to be increasing so badly that I wake up earlier hours of the morning with anxiety and can''t go back to sleep. I take my Valdoxane with 1 x 10mg Ivedal. I want to stop taking the Valdoxane is it safe just to stop?

Kindly Advise

Michelle

Sorry to hear you've not had a good experience with the promising new drug.
NO antidepressant known to mankind is effective in everyone who takes it. ALl are useful on maybe 60 % of those who take them, so one may well not be usefully helped buy the first, sometimes even the second, one tries. Just this week I received a message from someone raving about how marvellous Valdoxane was for him, and how mraculously valuable it was to him, after other meds had not helped.
PLEASE see a good local psychiatrist for re-assessment and a discussion of treatment options. USually Valdoxane is less troublesome if one stops suddenly, but with all these meds its best to reduce the dose more gradually.

1