Question
Posted by: Shazie | 2012/05/12

Valdoxane 25mg

I have just recently started on Valdoxane 25mg 1 tab at night (the insert and pharmasist state that it is to be taken at night just before bed). I experienced headaches for the first 3 days then they went away, however after 2 weeks on them am feeling good on them but am I''m still not sleeping!! Went to the doctor to get a repeat prescription and told her about the non-sleeping and she said to take tablet in the morning then....can I do this or not or must the tablet be taken at night?
Thx
Shazie

Valdoxan ( Agomelatine ) because it works within the Melatonin system of the brain, which is part of our natural sleep control mechanisms and sleep-wake cycle, tends to normalize sleep relatively early ( as well as not having the nausea and sexual side-effects of many other popular ADs ).
It is recommended that one take it at bedtime in all the authorities I have read. Maybe not as your head hits the pillow, but a little while before retiring.
Curiously, Melatonin, the target chemical, seems to work better when taken in the morning, But I haven't found good work on assessing the impact of doing so with these drugs like Valdoxan which work on Melatonin. It doesn't seem to have been reported as causing sleeplessness in itself - but its not a direct sedative as such, so its beneficial impact on sleep may take days to demonstrate itself.
Maybe try it, and let us know if you notice any increased benefits !

4
Posted by: Renthia | 2016/05/13

I'm also on the Valdoxane and also gain weight, and I got cravings for bread, and all sorts of things that gain weight, I stop medication, it's 2 weeks later and still the craving isn't gone...please can someone help..

Reply to Renthia
Posted by: Ashveer | 2012/08/09

Will Valdoxane have an impact on my sex life? I am currently on Epilim as well.

Reply to Ashveer
Posted by: M Venter | 2012/07/09

On Valdoxane 15 days - gained 4kg weight. A side effect?

Reply to M Venter