Question
Posted by: Suzanne | 2011/10/24

Valdoxane

I''m Bipolar and was admitted to hospital 2 weeks ago for a Depressive episode. My dr actually booked my off last week as well, but I started working. I thought last week that I was just not ready and should have taken the week off. But still this week I''m feeling disconnected. I''ve been on every antidepressant on the market and they put me on Valdoxane, I don''t know if you know the drug. Can it cause this feeling. My motivation levels have hit rock bottom and I just can''t get myself to work. Otherwise my mood has improved, but I think it is more the additional Geodon injections that I received that stabilised by mood than the antidepressant. Because I already felt less suicidal on the second day of admission. Do I try it out for a little while or do I give up. I''m feeling fine and in control, it''s just that I feel I can''t do my work. I would sit and start at the screen for ages. I can''t concentrate on anything. And my sleep is disturbed, but it was before the time as well. I just slept better in hospital due to the injections. I don''t want to feel like this.

Many ADs could cause the feelings you describe, as could just depression. If the doc wanted to put you off work for 2 weeks, he/she probably gace good advice, and maybe you went back tomwork too soon, and should call him/her and discuss whether more time off would be wise.
Valdoxan is a really interesting new antidepressant significantly different from those we've been used to, and working in a different way. It seems effective with less of ( or none of ) the weight gain, sexual problems and other side-effects the other ADs have. It ought to be better than other Ads at getting your sleep back to normal. It should indeed be worth trying for a proper period.
Geodon injections are much more unusual, especially in depression, and I'm not familiar with whether they might add to this feeling. I haven't come across it being used in this way. It could reduce agitation, and similar symptoms, but is not likely to be responsible for the improvement in your depression which you noticed.
Depression causes all the symptoms you complain about, and no treatment for depression works such wonders as to cure depression permanently in such a short time. Its a common problem that people who mstart feeling a bit better on whatever treatment, stop treatment too soon, and soon relapse back into the depression.
Do discuss this with your doctor, and meanwhile, shay on the Valdoxan

2
Posted by: Teresa | 2011/12/12

On valdoxane for 4 days. Feeling very light headed. Side-effect?

Reply to Teresa