Question
Posted by: Kevin | 2011/12/09

valdoxan

Is it too soon for a psychiatrist to know what possible drug interactions there might be with valdoxan, basically I want to try valodoxan, but want to stay on effexor xr, will this be possible

Its early to be sure about all possible interactions, but there's a lot your shrink can predict from the nature and chemical actions of the drus ; because Valdoxan works mainly within a different chemical system from Effexor, there's not likely to be problematic interactions.
I'm not sure if ideally one would want someone to be on both, but what should be avoided, as happens too often with new drugs like this, is that the previous drug gets stopped suddenly or without proper planned withdrawal ( and this may be more complex with some XR formulations ) such that this leads to withdrawal effects from the previous drug, which then get blamed on the new drug, which is actually not responsible for them.
Discuss this with your psychiatrist, who can help you make the best decision.

1