Question
Posted by: dw | 2011/10/03

Valdoxan

Hi doc. My psychiatrist is swopping me over to Valdoxan 25mg from Venlor 225mg. Venlor had terrible side effects for me that apparantly Valdoxan doesnt have. How do you feel about this new medication? I am taking it for depression and anxiety. Thanks.

Valdoxan ( active chemical Agomelatine ) is a brand-new antidepressant ( the company marketing it hasn't had the courtesy to supply me with relevant information so far )that looks interesting - its only just launched, so no doctors in SA have much experience of it, but from the overseas studies it looks potentially effective and apparently with less side-effects - and thopugh every new drug makes that claim, this one is chemically different, and works on a different brain chemical, so this may well be the case. I have seen no complaints of "terrible side effects" from anyone on it, thus far.
Do come back to this forum and let us know how you find it !

2
Posted by: Marinda Swart | 2011/11/23

Can patients that possibly suffer from Bipolar Disorder 2 carry on using this medication?

Reply to Marinda Swart