Question
Posted by: Nats | 2009/04/17

vaginosis

Hi. Just got my blood test results and it says possible bacterial vaginosis. I do suffer from candida often and now i have it under control. I avoid eating anthing that will trigger it again. I' m also thinking of having a baby. It will be our first. What does vaginosis mean and how serious is it? Will it affect my baby or me trying to conceive? Many thanks

Bacterila vaginosis often results from a depletion of the good bacteria in the vagina. You need a course of antibiotics followed by live culture yoghurt to help restore them. There is some evidence that bacterial vagnosis can cause preterm labour.