Posted by: Mandy | 2008-11-18

I had vaginoplasty and labiaplasty done on 23 October by a plastic surgeon. I then had my period from 1 to 5 November.
But then on 7 November I started bleeding again, on and off.
The day it started, I was very constipated and pushed a bit hard. I had quite alot of bleeding then. It subsided the next day with a bit of a discharge, but ever since then, I bleed on and off and have some cramps.
My surgeon said I must come in so that he can check, but he thinks it is more of a uterine issue and not caused by the vaginoplasty. I should then see the gynae.

Have you heard of any of these symptoms after having vaginoplasty? Is this abnormal? Should I be worried?
I would like your opinion before I book appointments to see the docs.

The bleeding could be related to healing of the wound. The only way to know would be to see a doctor for an examination.

Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-19

It' s plastic surgery in the vaginal area. Some people are born with abnormalities, and have it surgically corrected.

Posted by: DUMB | 2008-11-19

What is vaginoplasty and labiaplasty in simple english .

Reply to DUMB