Question
Posted by: Speedfreak | 2008/06/18

Vaginismus and Premarin Cream

I have vaginismus and have been to my gynae who has prescribed Premarin cream - I am already on Premarin Tablets. I have now used the Premarin cream for over two months and intercourse is still painful. I also find that I have blood in my panties after not much and of course I am sore. My partner is fantastic but I do not know what else to do and if I should be worried about the bleeding. I am by the way 69 and otherwise fit as a fiddle.

Thank you.
(Please don't say I am too old for sex!)

It sounds like its all related to the thinness of the vagina in the menopause. You may need to change to a different kind of cream and use extra lubrication like kY jelly during sex.