Question
Posted by: Heather | 2010/09/16

Vaginal Thrush

I`ve been on a strong course of anti-biotics last week, and as a result got a yeast infection. I bought Canesten 1VC from the pharmacy, and they told me it would help very quickly, There is a dramatic improvement, but it`s been two days and I am still slightly swollen and still have the whitish " rash"  on my skin. When will this disappear or should I seek further medical advice from my Gynea?

It can take up to a week to clear completely.

2

Posted by: XYZ | 2010/09/17

Get a prescription for Diflucan from your gynae. I have the very same problem when I take antibiotics and it is even worse when you are preggies. I also bought something over the counter and it provided temporary relief, so I asked my doc for the diflucan.

Reply to XYZ