Posted by: Tam | 2009-08-19

Vaginal tears

What is causing vaginal tears during intercourse? I have been sexually active with my fiance for 3 years. After a second motorcycle accident 8 months ago I started experiencing vaginal tears/cuts at the bottom part of the vagina near the perineum when my fiance thrusts strongly or right in to the hilt. I have done some research as to the causes and here is what I have found.

Possible causes:

1) Partner' s ' equipment'  being too large for a woman to comfortably accommodate
2) Lack of enough lubrication
3) Certain positions can put strain on the vagina and cause tears
4) Intercourse is too rough and causes tearing

My problem is as follows. Having been sexually active with my partner for 3 years and never having experienced this problem until about 8 or so months ago, I doubt that he has miraculously gotten too large for me to accommodate comfortably without tearing. It does not matter how much lubrication is used or what position is tried. We have enjoyed mild to really rough intercourse previously and never experienced this problem. Lately, the intercourse does not even need to be rough for cuts to appear. They are very painful and prevent us from enjoying a healthy, regular sexual relationship. Please help with what the possible cause may be, I am desperate to do something about it.

You are right about the causes and , as you have not had problems before, something must have changed. It could be that you are using different contraception, have an infection, using different soap which could be causing an allergy.You don't say whether you had an injury in that area from the motorcycle accident. This could also be cause.