Question
Posted by: Letty | 2012/02/10

vaginal sores

i have pimples on my pubic hair, the nurse said its from shaving, i wanna knw what can i use to apply on it to make it dissapear or less ithy?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Letty - Prevention is generally better than cure, and in this case, shaving is not the ideal option.

As long as the ingrown hairs and associated pimples are still in place, avoid shaving

I'd suggest gently exfoliating the affected area with a warm washcloth (or loofa/Sponge).
(If the problem persists, use a pair of pointed tweezers, with good grips, to lift the hair out of the hair follicle. Use hydrogen peroxide to sanitize the tweezers before lifting the hair out of the follicle. Then dab the area with the hydrogen peroxide to prevent infection.)
Otherwise you can treat the affected area with Aloe Vera or Bactroban ointment for it's antiseptic/antibiotic properties.

2
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/02/13

Reply to pharmacist
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/02/13

Reply to pharmacist