Vaginal smell

Hi there! Been having a smelly vagina problem about once a month previously but recently has been persistent. I get the funny smell just before or after my periods other times it will be during or after intercourse, but i will feel the smell even after several days of intercourse. At first i thought it might be the semen so after intercourse i now go to the loo and empty my bladder &  semen and clean the area. But the smell is still there sometimes. My gynea checked me out and gave me a very clean billl of health but the problem persists. What could it be???
Please help as this is embarassing!
Oh i have a 9 month old baby and am using microval (the problem was there even before baby).

If your gynaecologist founf no infection, then this may be normal. All women have a 'smell'' and this can chnage at different times of the cycle as the hormones vary.