Question
Posted by: Nells | 2010-07-16

vaginal itching and sensitivity

Dear Doctor

I suffer from vaginal itching and rawness. I''ve been to the gynaecologist twice, both times the tests came back clean. The itching began after i took a course of anitbiotics, typically this would be diagnosed as a yeast infection but tests came back negative. The symptoms come and go, I refrain from all lotions, colored or flavoured soaps or other products as i am prone to allergies. Can you give some advice? I am desperate. Thanx!

If it is not thrush, it could be an allergy or a skin problem. The next step might be a biopsy.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-19

Posted by: Nells | 2010-07-18

I do use Lil-lets actually, but it never occurred to me that that could cause itching. The thing is, theitching is not only when I have my period, i don''t think there is a correlation. But thank you for the advice, think i''ll try it next time!  )

Reply to Nells
Posted by: Tracey | 2010-07-16

Hi, I don''t know if you use tampons, But I know since I used Lil-lets I also had the same problem. I changed to Cotex, and it''s much better now.

Reply to Tracey