Question
Posted by: J S | 2011/03/30

Vaginal itching and pregnancy

Hi Doc,

I just found out today that I am pregnant. So basically 4 weeks, still very early. I''ve been struggling for a while now with itching in the genital area (outer, not inner). Discharge is still white (NOT thick and paste like). No smell. Just itching. And sratching causes the skin to be broken, and burning because of it. Healing of the skin then causes itchiness again, and so the cycle continues. I don''t know if this is an infection? Is it harmful to the baby? That''s my biggest concern.

Iy could be thrush, or an allergy. Thrush is n ot harmful to the baby.