Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-07-22

Vaginal Itching after Period

Hi there,

I''ve had this problem for a few months now.....

For about a week after I have my period, I experience dryness and vaginal itchiness. I''m 29, and have had this problem since before I was sexually active.

It happens every month after my period, and lasts for about a week to 2 weeks.

I went to a doctor recently, and he prescribed difluzole (1 tablet, once a month for 3 months). I took one tablet each month on the first day of my period. The problem went away while I was on difluzole, but now that I''m off it, the itchiness is back.

What do you think the problem is? Should I go back to my dr? I''ve never been to a gynae. Should I go to a gynae?

Thanks!
Anon.

It does sound like thrush. Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrences. You don't have to see a gynaecologist, but you should be having regular pap smears if you are sexually active.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-07-25