Question
Posted by: andrea | 2009-01-09

vaginal inflammation

My vagina feels inflamed-when urine passes the entrance or when I wash there. Is it possible to get a vaginal infection during menopause, no hrt except feminesse (plant remedy), hysterectomy many years ago, no sexual activity. What would cause this? Do I need to worry about something like cancer. Can I use an otc remedy. What is it?

You can have infections in the menopause.This is often due to thinning of the vagina, making it more prone to infections. It would be best to see your doctor to make a proper diagnosis, rather than using OTC remedies.