Question
Posted by: Panty woman | 2011/01/12

Vaginal infections

I am a panty woman! Wearing panties day and night with panty liner for dryness! Nice and clean!
I am battling with vagina infections. NOW I am told that I should NOT wear panties going to bed, because panties, especially with liners, actually incur ridge vaginal infection, by creating an incubation area for bacteria and fungi etc. Is this true??? Pease HELP.

Dear Panty woman
Panties that do not "breathe", made of synthetic material could lead to a higher incidence of vaginal infections, but cotton panties are fine. Panty liners may have plastic liners which could prevent normal evaporation of sweat and normal vaginal secretions, so unless you have a visible discharge, rather avoid using it all the time. Best is to see your doctor for a smear/swab so that they can identify the cause of the infections and treat accordingly. Avoid using douches or sprays in the area - the vagina is self cleaning.

4
Posted by: FaryTreve | 2011/03/18

Reply to FaryTreve
Posted by: H | 2011/01/13

F

Reply to H
Posted by: Susan | 2011/01/12

Why on earth are you wearing panties to bed? My husband and I hate it when I wear panties or pajamas to bed!

Reply to Susan
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/12

Dear Panty woman